Copyright ? 2015 – 2016 Control Laser Corporation (CLC). All Rights Reserved.
This Policy is the sole authorized statement of Control Laser Corporation’s practices with respect to the online collection of personally identifiable information and the usage of such information. Any summaries of this Policy generated by third party software or otherwise (for example, in connection with the “Platform for Privacy Preferences” or “P3P”) shall have no legal effect, are in no way binding upon Control Laser Corporation, shall not be relied upon in substitute for this Policy, and neither supersede nor modify this Policy.
2. Information Collected and How We Collect It
“Personally Identifiable Information” means any information that may be used to identify an individual, including, but not limited to postal address, telephone number, fax number and e-mail address, and also may include certain business information, such as employer name, occupation, job function, and job title. You will be asked to provide Personally Identifiable Information under various circumstances when using the Site, including when registering for services, when submitting an inquiry form to the Site, or in connection with responding to employment opportunities posted on the Site.
“Anonymous Information” means information which does not enable identification of an individual User, such as aggregated information about the use of our Site and its services. When visitors come to our Site, we collect and aggregate information indicating, among other things, which pages of the Site were visited, the order in which they were visited and which hyperlinks were “clicked.” Collecting such information involves the logging of the IP addresses, operating system and browser software used by each visitor to the Site. Although such information is not personally identifiable, it may be possible to determine from an IP address a User’s Internet Service Provider and the geographic location of his or her point of connectivity.
If you choose to register and create a login account with the Site for certain products and/or services, we require you to submit information on your behalf or on behalf of any third party that may include Personally Identifiable Information. You represent and warrant that you have the necessary rights and authorizations to submit, use and authorize Control Laser to use such third party Personally Identifiable Information.
3. How We Use Your Information
We do not collect any Personally Identifiable Information from you unless you voluntarily choose to disclose such information while taking advantage of the services on our Site.
- In order to take advantage of certain services and features on our Site, you must provide certain Personally Identifiable Information and Anonymous Information to us during the registration process.
- If you call our offices and speak with one of our employees, your Personally Identifiable Information may be collected during such call and incorporated into our electronic system so we can fulfill the products/services selected by you.
- Your Personally Identifiable Information may be collected and used by us to track transactions conducted by you on our Site including which products you selected and information we require for payment.
- If you submit Personally Identifiable Information to us through the Site, then we will use your Personally Identifiable Information to improve our services to you, to contact you and to identify and authenticate your access to the Site’s services that you are authorized to access. In addition, we use Anonymous Information in aggregate form to build higher quality, more useful online services by performing statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behavior of our visitors, and by measuring demographics and interests regarding specific areas of the Site.
- We may use your email address to send updates, offers for our products and services, a newsletter or news regarding our services.
- We may send you e-mail service notifications that are related to your account or products and services in which you are enrolled. These include e-mails that provide account information, answer your questions about a product, facilitate or confirm a sale, or fulfill a legal or regulatory disclosure requirement.
- We collect data that is publicly available. For example, information you submit in a public forum (e.g. a blog, chat room, or social network), including on the Site, can be read, collected, or used by us and others, and could be used to personalize your experience. You are responsible for the information you choose to submit in these instances.
4. Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Some of our Site pages may utilize “cookies” and other tracking technologies. A “cookie” is a small text file that may be used, for example, to collect information about Site activity. Some cookies and other technologies may serve to recall Personally Identifiable Information previously provided by a User. Most browsers allow you to control cookies, including whether or not to accept them and how to remove them. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser.
We may collect and analyze traffic on our Site by keeping track of the IP addresses of our visitors. IP addresses are unique numeric identifiers that are assigned to each computer browser accessing the Internet. An IP address, by itself, cannot identify you personally. However, when combined with other information provided by your Internet Service Provider, your IP address can be used to identify the computer originating a message.
5. Disclosure of Your Information
- Aggregate Information. We may use Anonymous Information to improve our services and enhance your experience with the Site and its services. Control Laser may disclose Anonymous Information about many Users to advertisers, content and service providers, and other affiliated and unaffiliated companies.
- Financial, Credit and Government Agencies. In order to provide you with our services, and only where permitted by law, we may share Personally Identifiable Information you submitted with: (1) certified credit bureaus to verify information about your credit report; and (2) government agencies to verify relevant information. Your Personally Identifiable Information is maintained by credit agencies and disclosed by them to others as permitted by law.
- Service Providers. Sometimes third party service providers are retained or utilized by us and may have access to our Users’ Personally Identifiable Information for the purpose of processing and/or hosting such information on our behalf. Examples of such third party services may include analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments (if any), and providing customer service. We use reasonable commercial efforts to limit their use of such information and to use other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
- Others. We may disclose Personally Identifiable Information you submitted if we have a good faith belief that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to (1) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (2) enforce our Terms and Conditions including investigations of potential violations thereof, (3) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, (4) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of our Site, its Users, yourself or the public; (5) investigate reports of visitors providing false or misleading information; (6) prevent or investigate reports of credit card fraud or unauthorized use; or (7) protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our Site and/or services.
6. Opting Out
Although you are required to register if you wish to use certain services on the Site, you may choose to “opt out” of receiving informational and promotional materials from Control Laser. Control Laser periodically sends such materials to those customers who have not “opted out” of receiving them. These mailings clearly indicate the originator of the e-mail and provide the customer with a method of “opting out” of receiving future communications of a similar nature.
Individuals may provide Control Laser with Personally Identifiable Information through offline means, such as business cards exchanged in connection with sales meetings, tradeshows or other business events. Control Laser reserves the right to contact such individuals and to send them Control Laser informational and promotional materials via email. These mailings clearly indicate the originator of the e-mail and provide the individual with a method of “opting out” of receiving future communications of a similar nature. Such Personally Identifiable Information will otherwise be treated in accordance with this Policy.
7. In the Event of Merger, Sale, or Bankruptcy
In the event that Control Laser is acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign to such third party entity the information we have collected from our Users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors’ rights generally, we may not be able to control how your Personally Identifiable Information is treated, transferred, or used.
The privacy and security of User data is as important to us as it is to you. We maintain strict physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that are designed to controls and protect your data from unauthorized access. We monitor our systems to prevent unauthorized attempts at intrusion. We review our policies and practices, monitor our computer networks, and test the strength of our security in order to help us ensure the safety of customer information. We adhere to accepted industry privacy standards and comply with our own privacy practices.
In addition, we use strong encryption and a protocol for transmitting private information via the Internet. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Therefore, while we follow accepted industry standards and implement reasonable security practices to protect Personally Identifiable Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
9. Our Employees
We restrict access to nonpublic Personally Identifiable Information about you to those employees whom we have determined need to know that information to provide products or services to you.
10. Right to Access and Change Personally Identifiable Information
- Editing Your Personally Identifiable Information. If your Personally Identifiable Information or email address changes or you want to edit or update your information you can do so by using your User ID and password.
- Implementing Change Request. We will use reasonable commercial efforts to make the changes you requested but it is not always possible to modify database information. In addition, if your Personally Identifiable Information and email address has been provided to third parties, we will not be able to make changes to it. Further, such information is never completely removed from our database due to technical constraints and the fact that we back up our systems. Therefore, you should not expect that all of your Personally Identifiable Information would be removed from our database in response to your request.
11. Your State Specific Privacy Rights
We do not disclose personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
13. Information From Children
Control Laser does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register on our Site. If you are under the age of 13, please do not attempt to register on the Site or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or e-mail address. No one under age 3 may provide any personal information to or on the Site. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. We encourage parents to monitor their children’s internet usage and/or to use web filtering technology to supervise their children’s access to the internet.
14. Offline vs. Online Practices
15. NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, California users are entitled to the following consumer rights notice: If you have a question or complaint regarding the Site, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact us by calling 407-926-3500.